Highly Contagious Highly Contagious

Glitching is always so much fun:)

Well, Im not sure if this is intended to be somewhat of a jam-session, or a full production. In case of the latter, it kind of lacks a coherent structure to be followed (with the exception of the introduction and breakdown).

The synth is very cheesy, maximum z3ta+ for sure. Its those kind of sounds that make it easy to tell what synth your using. For show-time tunes and dance, its perfect. Not sure if you made it from scratch or what.

The melody is very nice, very careless.

The breakdown at 0:38 is done kind of sloppily, melodically speaking.

Things I would improve would obviously be the structure, more elements, more of everything really.

Its great for what it is, but it's hard to evaluate it as a full song when I can't tell if its intended to be so.

Good job!

Drop me a review if you'd like! I'm still on the Latest page :)

TheMrMokey responds:

Thanks for the review!

I had just launched z3ta for the first time and was trying out some of the factory presets when I was fascinated by some of the arps and how they sounded. It is a factory preset with the arp removed.

I guess it is more of a jam than a full song but I think I will improve upon some other time. I really was just testing out different elements and then sticking them together.

Thanks again,
MrMokey

Moving Forward Moving Forward

Oh god, I'm nervous to review the popular artists on here...esshh here goes :(

I like the beginning gate, and that arp that will continue throughout the track is nice

I think your choice of beat elements is too flat and choppy to be akin to a Trance track? I would put it more at house-y.

0.50 love the melodic buildup and those pulsing riffs, it's a very very smooth track. Like it's playing on a silk record :)

1.33 Synths start to come in more, again, really really smooth I'm enjoying it very much. At this point I think not enough has happened between 0.50 and around 2.00 when it goes into this small breakdown. The drum comes in, but it kinda latches on to what was there already, and I don't feel that engine drive that the kick drum should provide (in my opinion).

Second buildup cool with that piano, but again, not much has changed. I think its very developed melodically, but it's not....powerful enough for a proper bumpin trance track (which is not to say its not extremely good).

3.56 Ahhhh yeah. So I guess a chillout trance track. Like one that lets you take it easy down a long road on a hot summer day.

4.58 Eyyyyyyyy.....sunrise. That is all.

Excellent job on this!

SubZero45 responds:

Hey Tvvist,

I want to start off by apologizing if I came off as someone who thinks they are a famous artist, that is definitely not my intention. I am not very popular, I just know that I have a few people who have favorited me, so I wanted to thank them.

As far as your review goes, I want to thank you for that as well. It was a lot more than I expected and I couldn't be more thrilled.

I'm not very akin to what's considered "trance" and "techno" and "dance." As far as I'm concerned, if its relaxing, its trance lol. But I can see how I can kind of steer people away with mislabeling the song.

Anyway, I am really glad you enjoyed the track overall, it's really reassuring to know my music isn't total crap. I always seem to have a problem with repetition, but it didn't seem to be too bad from what you have said.

Thanks again for the review, I will be sure to send a review of my own your way.

Filthy Freshness Filthy Freshness

I can feel so many dubstep influences here. LOVE the vocal sampling, pristine!

It's layered really well, and nothing is muddy, nice and crisp.

Maybe the kick rolls right before 1.09 could be varied a bit with other drum sounds? snares and shit :)

The first hit is very BOOMIN, but it kinda tunes back out, as I've found is very common for recent dubstep producers to vary the Bass riffs so much that they stray from the core, powerful bass, as is in this track. I understand that's to add interest, but its....too much interest o.O and not enough of the core bass.

Other than that really nothing to complain about!

Excellent job!

C-Enterprise responds:

I'll keep these things in mind for new projects, especially about focus the core bass more throughout the song :)
Fixing those things in this track right now would mean change almost everything but you're right, next track i'll do, i'll see these things ;)

Splash Splash

This hints more at house of like the early 90s rather than "alternative house".

from start to 0.50 it kinda foofs around a bit, its unclear where its going, then it breaks down. I think that's incorrect, especially because it fades back out again at 1.05 and starts to build up again. The buildup didn't add anything to the verse at 1.30, which apparantly builds up again. It plays out a bit, then breaks and fades.

The ideas here are good, and the characteristics of the actual sounds are pretty clever. I don't know if you made those sounds yourself or what have you, but they work.

However, you really, really, really need to look over your structure. I guess you could call this alternative as in it doesn't follow the "standard" structure of house and is thus "alternative" but generally house is

Intro-8-16 bars
Verse - 16 bars
Buildup - 16-32 bars (or even 64 if it varies enough)
Peak - 16-64 bars
Breakdown-8-16 bars
Verse - 16 bars
Outro - 8-16 bars

Mostly tracks of this structure tend to hook listeners in, but obviously, they are extremely general guidelines as a loose reference. for example a lot of times there is no second verse, the breakdown is short, and builds back up into the peak with something changed or added :)

Good job!

Unraveled Pathway Unraveled Pathway

Okay so my first reaction right away is it's hurting my ears, but Im guessing since its unfinished its unmastered and you haven't messed with EQ yet, so that's understandable.

Well it's pretty fucking cool actually. I don't know if its a Dance song, more like some kind of funky, imposing, industrial maybe? I get this picture of knights with amps and subwoofers, I donno.

The melodies are very epic up until the break at 1.00, where it gets kind of groovy. Definitely take the edge off those sounds, they pierce the eardrums.

Really really good drumwork. Sounds like FL Slayer for those guitar sounds, ugh never really works tbh real guitars are not even uncomparable, like a different instrument, lol.

I like the build from ~2.00 until 2.50 where there's a .....drop..... Okay so work on the energy carryover at that lapse. Like how you handle the "musical momentum" Instead of 2.00-2.50, the pat at 2.50 should have replaced whatever was at 2.00, and right away lead into 3.26.

It breaks down a 3.45 again, and it kind of loses that hold over the listener I think. You should work on your structure, for sure. 3.45 Can be a whole different track for all we know. I guess its treated like an outro, and I logically understand it, but my ears don't agree.

Overall a really ambitious track!

Great job!

scottwjsm responds:

Just changed it to the actual song, thanks
I also am not that good with EQing the synths, they are EQed btw

Happy Dreams ~An Original Happy Dreams ~An Original

Haha made me lol, but kinda in a good way, that first melody

Like some kinda new-age sesame street superfunhappytime.

Ooh, at 0.40 youve got that octave up-and-down, and the bass follows suit 1.05....I can't help feeling like this is from the basshunter tutorial from youtube?

Oh. Its over.

Well, generally techno and trance tend to incorporate beats into the melodies as well.

At 0.33 instead of it going into a synth riff, it should have hit with a bass drum + crash, and then fade in that melody which u did use at 0.33 while adding hats and claps every 8 bars or 4.

I'm guessing you're just starting out, and I feel like I should let you know that there are no bass kicks (as you say) in this track whatsoever. Bass kicks are kick drums :) What you have there is a bassline.

The good news is that your elements change (while not smoothly) at the right times, so at least structurally you're more or less okay. Remember to work with drums (lol good advice) as well.

Well I can't possible give this higher than a 3.5, because the structure is there, the melody is actually quite cool, but there just isn't enough of a song here :)

Good work and keep going!

Xsalvaz responds:

Thanks man. I just mess around and stuff. I only have the demo. I do know a lot about techno music. I make videos to it (what im better at). Please feel free to check out my channel on youtube (Xsalvaz)! But yeah, I was just messing around. And yes, I do believe that the low bass @ like 1.05. But that is only the bass. And that is actually the Basshunter Song by Dj Zamli. (That little tune I think) But I just decided to put this one up because it didn't sound horrible. haha I just put another up thats also an original.
thanks for the kind words! ~Xsalvaz

Nightburst Nightburst

Hey Hey Now!

Intro is fantastic, really love the way the beat and bassline come in.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the breakbeat choice, the intro seemed to lead into like a huge bumping club track.

1.31 The breakdown is really nice with that melody and the hi-pitch.

2.00 Development is ambitious, but it seems to drag on a bit until

2.29 The beat is back !

I think 2.40 should have hit rite away at 2.30

Breakdown at 3.15 is hella cool!

Also really love the vocals throughout the track.

OK, so to summarize, your sounds are really really good, especially that beginning bassline, but I think the structure can be really worked on to provide more OOMPH. Personally when I think of a "nightlight time to PARTY!?!?!?!" I expect something along the lines of a kick and bass that really eats through you, without those breakbeats. I can't really imagine a club full of people trying to sync with beats like those.

I also think you need a more significant melody. A lot of your melodic elements I think can be used also for atmospheric sounds, and apart from 3.30 buildup, I think it needs a more fundamental and noticeable melody, for sure.

A great job overall, a 4.5 from me! Just slightly off from perfect!

Drop me a review if you want!

OcularNebula responds:

Thanks for the review!

I suppose the breakbeats break the character of the piece a little bit, but I just get bored with 4-on-the-floor, and breakbeats are a little more interesting.

&amp;gt;TK&amp;lt;'s Black Suit >TK<'s Black Suit

Bad Ass

as Drum N' Bass should be.

I say this in most of my reviews that are not of Trance songs, and I will in this review: I don't listen to this genre much, but it sounds pretty damn good. I have more than 400 GB of Trance songs on my computer, and will always prefer pure Trance to any other song. But if I were to choose to listen to a genre other than Trance, it would be DnB. This music is always so exciting and unique.

There are infinite possibilities with DnB. That bassline, the melody breaks, truly a unique genre. I wonder what Psy Drum N Bass would sound like.

Well as for the song it sound pretty great! After listening to extensive DnB tracks on youtube and such to compare this to, I cannot, because this genre is WAY too fucking varied.

So for you I say, I loved the drum composition in this, and the bassline sounded nice and rich and fat and bad ass at the same time. The melodies were simple, yet they fit into the atmosphere of the song nicely.

Only complaint I have is the length of the song! I wish there was more!

Great job! Keep it up!

-Heaven calls- SH -Heaven calls- SH

Well I dont listen to many chiptunes at all

...but this sounded pretty wonderful to my ears. I can't imagine how you people do this, I probably would fail miserably at any attempt of chip tunes.

Anyways, I really enjoyed when the melody developed and the melodic transitions that you use are very pleasant to the ear and fit the song quite nicely.

The only thing bothering me about the song is the DEFAULT HELL hapenning in the crash and claps. I can hear that you've changed them slightly, but if you're gonna use a crash so many times let it be some nice sample and not the disgusting FL Studio samples.

Other than that I really don't have any complaints at all!

Excellent job! Keep doing what you're doing!

The-Evil-Clown responds:

thank you for your words! and you are right on that, some alterning would do the trick! and yes i will review it. please check out my other songs!

have a good one
// Clown

Better Off Alone (Speedychan) Better Off Alone (Speedychan)

Do you think you're better of on Speed?

Is the feeling I get form this song.

The melody is good, but it is not yours, so I can't include that in my perception of your song.

Other than the melody and bassline, all you did really was add a kick, hihhat, crash, and snare drum.

The eurogate that comes in later sounds pretty good, but it's a very default-sounding preset.

The high pitched Nintendo sound that comes in towards the end doesn't really make any sense and adds some annoying element to it.

So good sequencing, but there should be a LOT more sounds and effects and such in my opinion. Just a more deep piece.

Maybe its because I've heard this track WAY too many times.

Job.